Animal prints are becoming increasingly predominant in both interior design and fashion. In 2014, you can expect to see beautiful, animal-inspired prints on everything from cell phone cases, nail art and sunglasses to wallpaper, carpet runners and pillows!
Popular choices for animal prints in 2014 include cowhide, crocodile, leopard, zebra or python. For the conscious consumer, no need to worry, the vast majority of these prints are digital reproductions and no animals are harmed in the process.
Animal prints bring luxury and sophistication to any outfit or room. They are a neutral and go with virtually any colour scheme. These prints are highly versatile and can be integrated into any decor setting – from traditional to contemporary.
The key to successfully introducing this trend into your home is to do so in moderation. Like with any luxury in life, less is more. The animal print you choose shouldn’t compete with the overall decor of the room. It is usually best to limit yourself to only one animal print per room and pair the bold pattern with more subdued patterns or solid colours.
Five tips for incorporating the animal print trend into your home decor:
- Feeling a little daring? Don’t be afraid to go all out with animal print wallpaper however limit yourself to one wall.
- Not so daring but want some animal print inspiration? Tread lighting by sticking with accent pillows or throws.
- Add a zebra print area rug in an all white living room with fuchsia or yellow pillows for an instant impact.
- Pair an animal print ottoman with a glass or wood console table for an grand feeling foyer.
- A fireplace feature wall is a great way to highlight animal print wallpaper.
Photo Sources: Pinterest
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Multi-generational Households: Exploring Your Options - October 15, 2021
- Beef Lo Mein Recipe from Chef Lynn Crawford - October 15, 2021
- Trendsetter: Natalie Lagace - October 12, 2021