Improve Your Home’s EfficiencyAs temperatures lower and utility bills climb, it’s time to start thinking about ways to improve the energy consumption in your home. Depending on the age of your home, there are a variety of upgrades to consider.
- Replace old and drafty windows and doors with new, more efficient models.
- Replace old appliances with new, Energy-Star rated appliances.
- Upgrade your insulation or have your attic, basement or crawl space spray foamed for improved heat retention.
- Replace old shingles to increase the performance of your home’s envelope.
- Replace incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs.
Seasonal MaintenanceFall Renovations To-do List includes basic maintenance tasks completed before winter can go a long way towards an enjoyable and stress-free winter in your home!
- Furnace and heating system inspections should be completed now to ensure you have no heating problems this winter. This may include changing air filters, replacing an old furnace, cleaning out a boiler system or the like.
- If you have a wood-burning fireplace, have the chimney cleaned or consider replacing it with a gas insert that will reduce maintenance and improve performance.
- Check your roof for any issues that might cause leaking, clean out gutters and consider installing a heating cable to prevent snow and ice build-up from damaging your roof over the winter.
- If you live in an area that is prone to winter storms, make sure you are prepared by creating an emergency kit, installing a generator as a backup power source, trimming back dead tree limbs that might fall and damage your home in a storm and ensuring winter equipment like your snow blower are in working condition
Creating Cozy SpacesFor most of us, the winter months will mean a lot more time spent indoors so now is the time to take a look at your home’s interior and consider renovations or upgrades that will make your home more enjoyable over the winter months. This may include:
- Finishing renovation projects started over the summer.
- Replacing old, outdated furniture with newer, more comfortable pieces.
- Replace a wood-burning fireplace with a modern gas insert that offers better performance and lower maintenance.
- Finishing an unfinished basement to add more usable living space to your home.
Preparing for Holiday GuestsFrom Thanksgiving to New Year’s Eve, the next few months bring with them multiple holidays and opportunities to entertain or host guests. Rather than scrambling at the last minute to try and prepare, start now by thinking about what changes you’d like to make to have your home ready to entertain. This might include:
- Updating your kitchen to make entertaining easier.
- Add or update a guest bedroom for overnight guests.
- Give the main areas in your home a new look with a fresh coat of paint.
- Repair or replace broken or damaged fixtures, cabinetry, doors, flooring, etc.
The following two tabs change content below.
Tribecca Finance is an alternative lending solution for many people in Ontario. We are dedicated to treating all of our customers as more than just a number. Our customers always receive personal service from one of our professional and friendly lending specialists. We understand that life is full of financial challenges and opportunities. We listen and work with you to offer loan solutions to meet your needs. Our lending products consist of personal loans, home equity loans, construction loans, first mortgages and second mortgages.
Latest posts by Tribecca (see all)
- Weekend Home Decor Updates - May 31, 2023
- Fall Renovations To-do List - May 31, 2023
- College Living Arrangements Options - May 31, 2023
Leave a Comment