This twist on a kid favourite delivers a truly unique flavour that is sweet and tangy with a little bit of spice. This simple dish is a budget-friendly treat for the entire family at less than $3 per serving.
Try using multi-packs of yogurt, which provide an easily transportable serving of your favourite flavours and are perfect for measuring recipes.
Coconut Chicken Fingers
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
• 1/4 cup (60 ml)flour
• 1/2 tsp (1 ml) salt
• 1 1/2 cups (375 ml)unsweetened medium desiccated coconut
• 1 cup (250 ml) Great Value Vanilla 1.5% Yogurt
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) Sriracha hot sauce
• 1 garlic clove, grated
• 1 tsp (5 ml)lime zest
• 4 chicken breasts, each cut lengthwise into four slices (about half-inch thick)
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped cilantro (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
2. In a shallow dish, mix flour and salt. In another shallow dish, add shredded coconut. Set both aside.
3. In a small bowl, stir yogurt, Sriracha sauce, garlic and zest together. In a medium bowl, reserve half a cup (125 ml) of the mixture.
4. Dredge chicken in flour and toss to coat in reserved yogurt mixture. Dredge chicken in coconut, pressing to adhere. Place on prepared sheet. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through (165 F or 70 C).
5. Stir cilantro into remaining small bowl of yogurt mixture and serve with chicken strips.
Tip: Make this dish a meal by serving it with rice or your favourite grain and some fresh steamed broccoli and carrots.
Find more great recipes online at walmart.ca/recipes.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Designer Kitchen Renovation: At the Heart of It All - May 18, 2018
- Laid Back Kitchen Makeover - May 18, 2018
- Expert Advice: Kitchen Budget Priorities - May 18, 2018