A serving of vegetables has made its way into these mini chicken meat loaves, but you wouldn’t know it. The mushrooms and carrot help keep the meatloaf moist while adding flavour and nutrients. Make a big batch in advance and freeze for up to one month.
Muffin Tin Meat Loaf
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Makes: 12 mini meat loaves
• 8 oz (227 g) fresh cremini mushrooms
• 1 lb (500 g) ground chicken
• 1/4 small onion, finely diced
• 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated carrot
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Worcestershire sauce
• 3/4 cup (175 mL) breadcrumbs
• 1 egg
• 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Italian herbs
• 3 tbsp (45 mL) mustard
• 3 tbsp (45 mL) brown sugar
• 1/3 cup (75 mL) ketchup
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
2. Place mushrooms in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until finely chopped.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine mushrooms, chicken, onion, carrot, garlic, Worcestershire, breadcrumbs, egg and Italian herbs; mix until evenly combined.
4. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray. Fill each tin cup to the top with meat mixture.
5. In a small bowl, mix together mustard, sugar and ketchup. Spread sauce evenly over top of each meatloaf. Tent tray lightly with foil. Bake for 20 minutes and then remove foil cover. Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 165°F/74°C. Serve with a side of mashed potatoes and steamed green beans.
Find more nutritious recipes online at mushrooms.ca.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 30, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 30, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 30, 2023
Leave a Comment