CURRIED CHICKEN SIMMERING IN COCONUT MILK WITH CHICKPEAS IS A DISH BEST SERVED WITH RICE, AND YOU CAN’T FORGET THE PEPPER SAUCE. A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY, SO PROCEED WITH CAUTION. IF YOU CAN’T TAKE THE HEAT, LEAVE IT OUT AND ENJOY THE REST OF THE FLAVORS.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs or breast
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2-3 tsp ginger (or to taste)
- 1 tsp hot Caribbean pepper sauce
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 5 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can coconut milk or cream
- salt, to taste
Cut chicken into small pieces and season with garlic, ginger, salt, and hot pepper sauce. Marinate for 30 minutes or more.
On medium, heat oil in a pot or skillet. Add onions, cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add chicken to the pot. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes then add chickpeas.
Mix curry powder with 2/3 cup of water until smooth (add more water if too thick). Add to the pot and cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Stir in 1 can of coconut milk, lower heat to a simmer. Cover and cook until meat is tender. Adjust salt and hot pepper to taste.
Recipe by Rob Thomas, www.chefrob.ca
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 Must-Haves for Your Man Cave - December 2, 2019
- Design Ideas for Your Custom Walk-in Closet - October 30, 2019
- Repairing Your Commercial Appliances: A Simple Guide - October 24, 2019