The royal baby, Prince George of Cambridge has not only captured our hearts and minds in the news, this little bundle of joy has also inspired us to fall in love with old-world opulence all over again. Get this vintage-inspired look and feel royal on your own terms.
1. Pursue both looks and comfort: This tufted sofa perfectly bends old-world opulence with modern flare. Its soft design and deep frame offer undeniable comfort too. Steven and Chris sofa by Decor-Rest, Decorium.
2. Light up your canvas: Look at the room as a whole, like art on canvas, and choose striking, mood lighting. This crystal drop ceiling light offers a modern touch to regal design. Crystal Drop Ceiling Light, Union Lighting.
3. Blend and harmonize: Whether it’s by scale, by colour, or by style, each accessory in a room should have something in common with its counterparts. Kravet Design Collection Fabrics, Kravet Canada.
4. Bring the opulence of patterns home: From cushions to rugs, play with patterns that pay homage to a heritage of centuries past. Harlem Blues Paisley Pillow – Teal, and Cabana Lumbar Pillow Jade, Crewel Embroidered Pillow – Gray, Pier 1 Imports; Celina Rug, Korhani or Chiti Damask Rug- Gray, Pier 1 Imports.
5. Noble design lines: reminiscent of a throne’s silhouette, this mirrored accent table offers a sense of luxury befitting royal standards. Dome Round Accent Table, Decor-Rest.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Keep Your Basement Safe & Dry - October 12, 2018
- Stylish Updates for Your Basement Ceiling - October 12, 2018
- Halloween Decorations to DIY Using Supplies From the Dollar Store - October 10, 2018