JACKLYNN’S DESIGN TIPS
- When designing a dining room, consider using a dark wall colour as it sets the mood and creates a warm and welcoming space.
- Instead of purchasing a dining room set, mix individual pieces to create a space that is interesting and unique.
- If you love to entertain, choose the largest table your room can hold and fabric chairs that are cosy and comfortable for those extended dinner parties.
GET THIS LOOK
- Select Indigo (SW 6531) for your walls and Glimmer (SW 6478) for your trim. Sherwin-Williams
- Hang a gorgeous Feiss chandelier between 23″ to 36″ above the table height. Robinson Lighing & Bath Center (CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR JO AND ENTER TO WIN THIS CHANDELIER!)
- Add an area rug. Flor
- Add a beautiful table, placed at lease 32″ to 26″ from the wall. The Goods
- Accent with fabric chairs (The Goods) and pillows (Threadcount).
- Add a painting. West Elm
- Accessorize with a table runner (West Elm) and candle holders (Crate & Barrel).
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Jo Alcorn’s Trends 2 Watch: Bathrooms - January 10, 2018
- Expert Advice: Getting the Best Bang for Your Bathroom Renovation Buck - January 10, 2018
- Accessing Your Home Equity: Remortgaging vs Home Equity Loans - January 2, 2018