The Designer: Jamie Banfield is a designer and is the founder of Jamie Banfield Design.
The Look: Layering pieces with clean, sharp lines and contrasting textures like metal, stone and textiles creates a sophisticated yet relaxing space. When creating this look, I chose the blue decking which was inspired by the ocean. I then paired it with a stone exterior to mimic the look of the mountains found on the West Coast. Geometric patterns in the rug and side tables give the space a playful yet modern feel. Pretty throw pillows add a pop of color while adding texture and visual interest to the clean lines of the contemporary furnishings.
Recreate This Look:
- Stain the deck with SharkSkin Solid Hide in Blueprint from Cloverdale.
- Install limestone faux stone veneer from Stone Selex.
- Choose wall sconces from Union Lighting and Furnishings.
- Place a rug from Canadian Tire.
- Include a fire bowl from Lowe’s Canada.
- Place furniture from Gloster.
- Accessorize with pillows from Joue Design with Kendall Ansell Interiors.
- Add side tables from Style In Form.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Jo Alcorn’s Trends 2 Watch: Bathrooms - January 10, 2018
- Expert Advice: Getting the Best Bang for Your Bathroom Renovation Buck - January 10, 2018
- Accessing Your Home Equity: Remortgaging vs Home Equity Loans - January 2, 2018