These bite-sized appetizers bring together classic Italian ingredients with a taste of the tropics. Mango and mozzarella may seem like an unusual combination, but they pair together beautifully in a sweet-and-savoury way.
- 1 ripe mango, peeled
- 6 oz (175 mg) Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese, cut into eight 1-inch (2.5-cm) cubes
- 2 tsp (10 ml) fresh tarragon, chopped
- 4 slices Serrano ham, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) honey
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave 8 thin slices of mango. Wrap one slice of mango around each cube of Mozzarellissima. Sprinkle with chopped tarragon and wrap each with a piece of Serrano ham. Brush with olive oil and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese starts to melt. Remove bites from the oven and drizzle with honey. Serve with cocktail toothpicks
You can find more recipes and a chance to win $10,000 in prizes at fb.com/saputo.ca.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Yummy Christmas Mocktails Perfect for Christmas Dinner - November 12, 2018
- Candy Cane Pavlova - November 12, 2018
- Designer Space: Christmas Treasure Box - November 12, 2018