Mushrooms, tomatoes and herbes de Provence add flavour to the poaching sauce for salmon fillets. Serve over mashed potatoes to complete the meal and absorb the delicious sauce.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 12 oz (375 g ) mixed Mushrooms (crimini, white, shiitake), thickly sliced
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- ½ cup (125 mL) dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ tsp each (1 mL) salt and pepper
- 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) herbes de Provence
- 4 salmon fillets (5 oz/150 g each)
- 2 cups (500 mL) mashed potatoes (see below)
- Chopped parsley or pea sprouts (optional)
- In large 12-inch (30 cm) non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté mushrooms and onions for 3-5 minutes or until just starting to brown. Add broth, tomatoes, salt, pepper and ½ tsp (2 mL) herbes de Provence; bring to boil. Arrange salmon in single layer on top; sprinkle remaining 1 tsp ( 5 mL) herbes de Provence evenly on salmon. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer over for 10 minutes or until fish flakes readily with a fork. Spoon mashed potatoes onto dinner plates; flattening slightly. Top with salmon and spoon mushroom sauce over all. Sprinkle with chopped parsley or pea sprouts if desired.
- Peel and quarter 4-5 (1½ lb) medium Yukon Gold potatoes. Place in 1 1/2 qt. (1.5 L) microwave bowl with ¼ cup (50 mL) water. Cover and microwave on HIGH, about 10 minutes, stirring once, or until tender. Drain. Mash potatoes with ¼ cup (50 mL) light sour cream; mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
For more delicious recipe ideas visit Mushrooms Canada at www.mushrooms.ca.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Gorgeous Solutions to Make Your Bathroom Lighting Stand Out - February 2, 2018
- Ask an Expert: Finding the Right Area Rug - February 2, 2018
- Ask the Expert: Renovate Before Selling? - February 2, 2018