Mushrooms, tomatoes and herbes de Provence add flavour to the poaching sauce for salmon fillets. Serve over mashed potatoes to complete the poached salmon meal and absorb the delicious sauce.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 12 oz (375 g ) mixed Mushrooms (crimini, white, shiitake), thickly sliced
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- ½ cup (125 mL) dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ tsp each (1 mL) salt and pepper
- 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) herbes de Provence
- 4 salmon fillets (5 oz/150 g each)
- 2 cups (500 mL) mashed potatoes (see below)
- Chopped parsley or pea sprouts (optional)
- In large 12-inch (30 cm) non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté mushrooms and onions for 3-5 minutes or until just starting to brown.
- Add broth, tomatoes, salt, pepper and ½ tsp (2 mL) herbes de Provence; bring to boil.
- Arrange salmon in single layer on top; sprinkle remaining 1 tsp ( 5 mL) herbes de Provence evenly on salmon. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer over for 10 minutes or until fish flakes readily with a fork.
- Spoon mashed potatoes onto dinner plates; flattening slightly. Top with poached salmon and spoon mushroom sauce over all. Sprinkle with chopped parsley or pea sprouts if desired.
- Peel and quarter 4-5 (1½ lb) medium Yukon Gold potatoes. Place in 1 1/2 qt. (1.5 L) microwave bowl with ¼ cup (50 mL) water. Cover and microwave on HIGH, about 10 minutes, stirring once, or until tender. Drain. Mash potatoes with ¼ cup (50 mL) light sour cream; mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
For more delicious recipe ideas visit Mushrooms Canada at www.mushrooms.ca.
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 30, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 30, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 30, 2023
Leave a Comment