Smoothies are great for a quick breakfast and this one, made with almond beverage, is also terrific for a bedtime snack. Cherries are high in antioxidants to protect your health and have the bonus of containing melatonin to aid sleep. Using any cherry will do, if you can't find them fresh using frozen works just as well.
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- 1 ½ cups Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla
- ½ cup fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons hemp
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Raw honey (optional)
- Place cherries in blender topped with Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla and pulse to mash.
- Rinse fresh mint, cut off woody stems and add. Add hemp seeds, cinnamon and raw honey, if using, and blend until smooth.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving: 357 Calories; 3g Fat (8.9% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 62g Carbohydrate; 10g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 143mg Sodium.
For more information and cooking inspiration, visit www.almondbreeze.ca
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Remote Schooling: Creating a Dedicated eLearning Space - September 17, 2021
- Create a Guest Bathroom for Outdoor Entertaining - September 17, 2021
- Educational Travel Ideas for Families - September 17, 2021