Preserved lemons are not a new thing. If you don’t want to buy some, they can be easily made. As a favorite ingredient to Moroccan cuisine, preserved lemons add a next level of intensity to this marinade and the results are mouth-watering.
Chicken Leg with Preserved Lemon Marinade
- 3 preserved lemons, rinsed, and finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1½ Tbsp. lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2-3 lbs chicken pieces, skin on
- Finely chop preserved lemons and red chillies.
- Combine preserved lemons, red chillies, cumin, olive oil, honey, lemon juice, and garlic.
- Season and coat chicken, cover and leave in the fridge for 4-12 hrs.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 400°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish or a sheet pan with parchment paper. Make sure all the chicken pieces are skin-side up.
- Bake until the chicken is starting to brown and is fully cooked, about 30-40 minutes.
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Are Cost-Effective Ways to Raise Your Property Value? - May 30, 2023
- What to Do if Your Home Has Been Vandalized - May 30, 2023
- Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair - May 30, 2023
Leave a Comment