For many people keeping a storage area organized so that it can be navigated when you do require things is a real challenge. Here are a few tips to help you keep that space a place that doesn’t make you want to cry.
1) Give it away – if you really know that it isn’t something you’re going to use then just let it go. If you have 4 hammers and 3 saws that you use once in a while to cut a branch or hang a picture, get rid of the other ones. Give them to someone who will use them and if you should ever need them – you can borrow them back for the hour!
2) Open shelves on the walls are very important to keep the space clean. Boxes on the floor make it very hard to get around. You’ll have more space available and you’ll have an easier time finding what you need
3) In boxes for storing seasonal items like mitts or Halloween decor, lay the items out and take a picture. Put the picture on the box as a label and you will never have to guess what that “scary witch” really means.
4) Make this room part of your weekly cleaning schedule. It is far less horrible to spend ten minutes a week cleaning up any disruption there than to have to spend a day tackling it.
5) Every year go through the boxes and get rid of what you don’t need! Your stuff is supposed to make your life better but if it requires more than it gives back – let it go!
Latest posts by Glen Peloso (see all)
- 2023 Trends with Designer Glen Peloso - March 26, 2023
- Bathroom Design Tips - March 26, 2023
- Gladden Island Private Retreat - March 26, 2023
Leave a Comment