As summer comes to a close with the Labour Day weekend, families, neighbours and friends will be hosting a lot of get-togethers and feeding the masses. You're bound to see the usual spread of hamburgers, chips and soda pop. However, if you would like to step it up a notch and mix in an original, healthy and tasty dish that offers your guests a megawatt dose of bio-available minerals, the Canadian Health Food Association (CHFA) has the recipe to do just that. You can find the ingredients at any natural health retailer or visit chfa.ca to find one in your community. Also consider preparing a little ingredients card too, letting your guests know that “healthy” can taste fabulous.
- 6-8 handfuls of kale (baby kale that is organic and pre-washed if possible)
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 2 small oranges sliced
- 1/3 cup sesame or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup brown rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp orange (naturally) flavoured Omega 3 fish oil. (or hemp or flax oil)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- Fresh juice from 1 orange
- 2 tbsp orange rind
- Place all your dressing ingredients into a food processor and blend till the mint is completely chopped up, about 30 seconds. Place your leafy greens into a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Sprinkle with walnuts and orange slices.
More tasty recipes are available online at chfa.ca.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Ultimate Design Challenge: Vote for a Chance to Win! - November 16, 2018
- Jacklynn’s Contemporary Living Room Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yvonne’s Cheerful Bedroom Design Board - November 16, 2018