- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 lb (500 g) ground chicken
- ½ lb (250 g) Italian sausage (casing removed)
- 1 cup (250 mL) each diced onion and green pepper
- 1 pouch (28 g) Club House Cajun Chicken Flavourful Recipe Mix
- 1 can (796 mL) no salt added diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can (156 mL) tomato paste
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 1 can (540 mL) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken and sausage meat 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in onion, pepper and seasoning. Cook until soft, about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 25-30 minutes.
- Stir in drained kidney beans in last 10 minutes of cooking.
More information, including alternative recipes to those found on the packaging, is available online at www.clubhouse.ca or toll-free at 1-800-265-2600.