Healthy Butter Chicken
A little prep in the morning will a go a long way in creating a flavorful and nutritious family meal that cooks while you are at work. Start with spice-coated chicken and a healthy pantry staple pasta sauce. Let it simmer all day in the slow cooker. Finish it off with rich Greek yogurt and lime at dinner time. This dish can be served over quinoa or basmati rice. This traditionally rich butter chicken dish is slimmed down in sodium and fat while maintaining amazing aromas and flavours.
- 2 cups (500 mL) Healthy Choice Diced Tomato with Onion and Garlic pasta sauce
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) each: ground ginger, curry powder
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) each: ground cumin, cinnamon, coriander
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 ½ cup/375 mL)
- 1 ½ lb. (675g) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed into 2- inch (5 cm) pieces
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) melted, unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) lime juice
- ½ cup (125 mL) 0% fat, plain Greek yogurt, optional
- ¼ cup (50 mL) chopped cilantro, to garnish
- In small bowl combine all spices, set aside.
- Place onion in ceramic insert of slow cooker; add chicken; sprinkle with spices then top with melted butter and Healthy Choice Diced Tomato with Onion and Garlic pasta sauce.
- Stir, cover and cook on HIGH 4-6 hours or on LOW 8-10 hours.
- Stir in lime juice and yogurt (optional) before serving. Garnish with cilantro.
- Tip: Make extra of the spice mixture and store for your next “better for you” Butter Chicken.
Visit Facebook.com/HealthyChoiceCanada for more recipes and cooking tips.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - April 1, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - April 1, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - April 1, 2023
Leave a Comment