- Add a door wreath of autumnal leaves and florals
- Change the front urn to Asters which have a lovely bloom
- Add some pumpkin and squash to the base of the urn
- Create a display using leaves in bright autumn colours in the bowl for the front hall table
- Fill a tall cylindrical glass vase with gourds in a variety of colours
- Use taper candles in orange
- Use large pillar candles in orange set on black or charcoal grey stands
- Use pears, apples and small pumpkins to surround the bases
- Use more of the gathered autumnal leaves
- This is a lovely place to use a horn of plenty that can double as the dessert platter
- On a large platter, place a horn of plenty at one end.
- Fill the horn with a variety of fruits and berries, including peaches, plums, apples, oranges, pears, grapes, apricots etc until they are spilling onto the platter
- Use a combination of nuts and dried fruit to cover the platter
- Top the dried fruits with dessert squares and tarts and you have an edible display
- For more tabletop decor, trail leaves down the table centre
- Uses gourds with a slit cut in for place cards at each place at the table
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends' National Design Editor, Glen Peloso forged into the world of design 20 years ago after completing his Masters degree in Fine Art. As Principal of Grafus Design Co., he has worked in residential, hospitality and commercial spaces for clients in several countries and has successfully designed over 300 projects in that time. TV Celebrity Designer and Canadian Home Trends National Design Contributor, Glen is also recognized as a design expert on The Marilyn Denis Show and from his past work as a host/designer of the internationally popular television shows Foodnetwork/HGTV`s Restaurant Makeover, and W networks ‘Take this House and Sell it’, and “Slice Network” show, Renovate my Wardrobe.