As the Holiday season comes upon us we have all the inherent feelings of both joy and dread. You need not stress yourself out too much with the home décor if you already have much to deal with. A few simple touches can add that sparkle without taxing your time and patience.
There is already so much to do in the season, so give yourself a break and don’t go crazy, unless you are like one of my friends who can’t wait for Christmas to come so that she can display the more than 100 Santas that she has gathered from all over the world. If you really love the season and want to go crazy, then ‘go! ” – fill all the spaces in the house that will hold a Christmas décor item. For the rest of us who are trying to find the time to have lunch each day – you can still make Christmas beautiful without too much effort.
Start with the exterior of the house:
- A couple of urns or more if you have a longer driveway or sidewalkact as a welcome to the house right from the entrance.
- Use the same urns that you use in the summer but now fill them with evergreen boughs or even use the trimming from the bottom of the tree to fill out the urns but branches are always available at the various stores that sell plants.
- Add in Christmas balls or sticks in painted colours like black silver, copper and gold
- A single colour makes the preparation easier and has a simple class.
- If you have toy soldiers or a sleigh that can be placed at the base of the urn, it makes a perfect detail for the children
- You can choose to light these elements with a string of LED lights or one spot
- Create some décor for the front door with a wreath or evergreen bough, fruit or berry boughs Tie all of it together with some wire and wrap a ribbon turned into a bow around the end and hang it on the door with the bow at the top
Stepping into the house:
- Create an arrangement for the front hall table but don’t overcrowd this area (people will want to drop keys and gloves etc)
- Use ornaments in silver with hints of deep blue or orange; copper or gold will keep your holiday décor perfectly on trend for the coming year.
- Something as simple as a glass vase filled with balls will do the trick.
- Surround this vase with natural greens
- The addition of candles to this area creates a relaxed romantic feeling.
In the main living space:
- Use the mantle pieces to create the feeling of the holidays once more.
- This is a lovely place to create a holiday scene in whites and glass with just hints of single colour.
- It will give the feeling of a fresh snowfall with all of the clean crisp feeling that snow implies, on the inside of the house.
- Select a central image like reindeers, Christmas tree or wrapped boxes.
- Candles can offer some sparkle to the overall look and the injection of fresh greens also smells great.
All of this can be accomplished in a couple of hours of creativity.
If you are really pressed for time, buy the items already assembled and simply install them in your home.
Remember that the holidays are for family and friends The décor is there for the children in all of us. Do what you have time for, as smiles are the most important part of the holidays.
Have a safe and happy holiday season!
Latest posts by Glen Peloso (see all)
- Sixteen Chic Fall Decor Ideas for Thanksgiving Entertaining - September 16, 2018
- Adding Color and Drama in Your Bathroom - September 6, 2018
- Glen’s Dramatic, Metallic Bathroom Design Board - June 8, 2018