A small powder room is a great place to add drama and personality. This design board is inspired by a powder room I recently completed for a client, featuring dark, dramatic walls covered in a geometric digital print and finished with marble and black tile floors, black moldings and a black ceiling. The digital print used for the wall is a textured metallic with a fabric-like appearance for a very unique look that also reflects light. Chrome and mirrored surfaces add extra light and glamour to the space while the use of marble textures adds sophistication and luxury. To finish the space, I added fun accessories like a dog head toilet paper holder and a framed black and white sketch of a favorite spot in the city.
Designer’s Note: In the original space, I used a sconce with a black shade that has been discontinued. The Hudson Valley sconce shown above would be the perfect alternative and you could swap out the shade for a black one for a more dramatic look.
- Shadows on the Wall Digital Print, Prime Walls
- Emma Mirror, Renwil
- Marble Mosaic, Satillo Tiles
- Epoque Console, Devon & Devon
- Black and Silver Frame, eValueStores (sketches can be found on art websites and stock image sites)
- Wildon Waste Basket, Wayfair
- Bronze Iron Dog Toilet Paper Stand, Bellacor
- Ruskin Sconce, Living Lighting
Latest posts by Glen Peloso (see all)
- Trends Spotted: Condo Innovations - March 18, 2019
- 2019 Lighting Trends with Glen Peloso - December 13, 2018
- Sixteen Chic Fall Decor Ideas for Thanksgiving Entertaining - September 16, 2018